Pallet racking systems are in vogue in the present times. And why wouldn’t they be? They help in keeping items and products in an organized way so that businesses do not have to bear any hassle. Not only that, with each rack having many pallets, arranged one on the top of the other, a lot of space can be saved and utilized for storing much more than the floor space can accommodate. Also, since the items are kept in an organized manner, finding and accessing them would be very easy. So, they save time and effort well.
How to protect your pallet racking systems?
Since pallet racking Auckland is extremely useful, it would be wise that you protect your pallets as well as the racking systems so that they can last long and serve you well. Though these racking systems are usually built of quality materials that offer high durability, yet nothing can remain in a good condition unless you take care of it. So, your pallet systems may be sturdy and durable, but they, too, need protection and maintenance.
- The first thing to do would be using rack guards that can be used for protecting the pallets and the racks against damage. These are usually available without or with rubber bumpers that may offer further protection.
- If the condition within your warehouse or storage unit is quite humid, the metal may become coated with rust. Try to keep the area as less humid as possible so that do layers of rust are formed. Also, make sure that the rails, beams, and racks aren’t exposed to chemicals that may corrode the metal.
- Proper use of forklifts is also very important. If any pallet or rack has been damaged by the forklifts or even due to rusting and corrosion, it would be best to get them inspected and replaced, if necessary. You wouldn’t want accidents and damages due to a weak pallet or rack.
- Also, make sure that your employees understand how to work around pallet racking Auckland Imperfect knowledge may lead to mishandling and may damage the pallets or racks.
- The maximum capacity of the racks and pallets should also be kept it mind. It would be prudent that you stop a bit short of the maximum capacity for each pallet and each rack. Excess weight can cause the pallets/racks to break.
- While arranging the pallet racking Auckland systems, it would be prudent if you maintain a viable amount of space between two rows of pallet racks. This will allow your workmen as well as the machinery to move smoothly without bumping into anything.
- Make sure that the pallet racks are cleaned and dusted regularly. Just like any other item, pallet racks can be damaged by grime too.
- Hire professionals who will be responsible for regularly inspecting every pallet and rack and do the necessary to ensure that they are well protected and in good condition. Regular checks for forklifts are necessary as well. This will guard against a faulty forklift from bumping into pallet racking Auckland systems and damaging them.