It happens with most of the handsets. When a user is operating his or her mobile handset for a long time, it shuts down without any intimation. No, you haven’t switched on the shutdown button. You have not even removed the battery out of the mobile handset. Still, due to excessive heat or long-term operation, it shuts down.
Even iPhone 6s users were suffering from this issue. Apple has always been particular in resolving grievances of their iPhone users. They have also offered programmes under iPhone repair category. According to the company, few of the iPhone 6s devices were affected by these battery problems that cause the phone to shut down without any intimation.
For this purpose, Apple would be offering free batteries to the affected users of the handsets. This does not mean that any Apple iPhone user can approach for a free replacement battery. In order to avoid misuse of their iPhone repair program, Apple has noted down the serial numbers of all the iPhone devices. If any iPhone user is facing such kind of battery flaw, he or she should approach the Apple Centre and check whether the serial number of their device is covered in the list or not. If the serial number is eligible as per the list, then the user will definitely receive a replacement battery, free of charge.
Following are few of the features of this iPhone repair program by Apple:
- If you are facing any battery related issues, then you are supposed to contact any Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Centre to obtain details.
- You can also check the official website of Apple for confirming whether your phone is suffering from the same problem as stated in their newly launched repair program.
- If your phone unexpectedly shuts down owing to the battery issue, then your handset has some problem. However, sometimes, phones do get shut down unexpectedly due to heating or prolonged use. Hence, check whether it is shutting down frequently without any valid reason.
- Apple is aware that some people may approach the Centre to get their iPhone handsets repaired which has been damaged. Apple has stated that this repair programme does not cover iPhone screen repairs or fixing other phone parts. Hence, if you have recently broken your iPhone screen or any other part, then please note that you are not eligible under this repair program. This program is for a certain number of handsets only.
- Apple has listed down the serial numbers of iPhone handsets which are eligible for replacement of the battery, free of charge. Hence, if your handset is facing the similar issue, you need to check with the Apple Centre whether the serial number of your mobile is included in the list.
- In case you have already replaced your battery, and the serial number of your handset is eligible for free battery replacement, then you should contact customer service department and obtain a refund for the same.
Thus, this Apple iPhone repair programme is a relief for the users who are facing battery issue in the handsets without any reason.